– God is the creator of all things. He created all things through His Son Jesus Christ.
– Man: God created Adam and gave him everything on earth as a free gift. But Adam sinned by choosing to know good and evil, which was the pre-cursor of the Law. Adam trusted in human strength and wisdom – trying to be like God. Adam’s relationship with God died on the day he disobeyed. As a consequence he also died physically – this was the curse of mankind. Adam’s sin brought death to all people because everyone sins and nobody is perfect like God.
– Israel: God gave them the Law so that they would know sin. The Law (10+603 commandments) blessed or cursed them based on their works. Israel was under the curse of the Law. The rest of the nations were dead apart from the law without God and without salvation. The Law was given to show mankind the magnitude of our sins in our heart, word, and deed. Both Jew and Gentile are equally guilty before God.
– Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came in the flesh. He never sinned but He died on the cross for the sins of the entire world – for Israel and the nations. He rose from the dead, ascended to heaven.
– Salvation: Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was resurrected on the third day so that we can be saved. We can only receive this free gift by God’s grace through our personal faith in Christ apart from works. Everyone who believes in Christ is forgiven their sins and receives the righteousness of God freely by His grace, and will live forever with God even after death. But those who reject Christ will be condemned and perish forever.
– The Holy Spirit is given to all people who believe in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is the deposit of God’s guarantee of salvation for believers. The Holy Spirit bears witness in our hearts that we are the children of God. He bears fruit and gifts in us according to His will.
– The Final Judgment and Resurrection: The 2nd coming of Christ is known as the Day of the Lord. Jesus Christ will appear in the clouds with great glory and the dead in Christ will be raised and those who are alive in Christ will be caught up together with Jesus in the clouds. The rest of humanity will also be raised from the dead and judged by Jesus Christ – that is the final resurrection and judgment. Those who believe in Jesus Christ will enter the new heaven and earth with glorified immortal bodies and live forever without any more death/pain/sorrow/curse but those who reject Christ will be cast into the lake of fire to taste eternal death.
– The Bible is a collection of God-breathed scriptures that were canonized by 3rd Century Church leaders. The books in the Old Testament are from the Law of Moses and the Prophets of Israel. The books of the New Testament describe the 4 Gospels and the Epistles to the Church. All scripture was written for our benefit – to give us salvation by personal faith in Jesus Christ.
– The Ordinances of the Church. Water Baptism is the outward act of faith by participating in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. The Lord’s Supper/Holy Communion is the remembrance and partaking of Christ’s wonderful body and blood through the elements of bread and wine.