We live in the Age of the Grace of God.
Let us look at the timeline in the Bibe:
1. God created the heaven and earth (Genesis 1)
2. Adam sinned and death came. (Genesis 3) After Adam’s sin, the nations were dead in sin and separated from God.
3. There was no law.
4. Abraham was righteous by faith and not works (Genesis 15) God chose Abraham to bless the nations by the Righteousness of faith.
5. The Law was given to Abraham’s descendants (Israel) through Moses (Exodus 19-20). But Israel failed and nobody could be saved by the Law.
6. Jesus Christ came and did not sin but fulfilled the law by His perfect love for God and people. Jesus then died on the cross and rose from the dead to end the law in AD30. Jesus ended the law on the cross (Ephesians 2, Colossians 2, Matthew 27)
7. Everyone who believes in Jesus is righteous by grace without works but believers had to fulfill the law by following Jesus (Romans 3, Romans 13, James 2, 1 John 3, Galatians 5). The time from the Cross (AD30) till the temple was destroyed (AD70) was the last generation of the law.
8. The Law was removed in AD70 (Hebrews 8:13). The Law does not exist today.
9. We live in the Age of Grace today. Righteousness is by faith in Jesus and not works.
10. Jesus will return to create a New heaven and earth for believers who will be resurrected to live forever without sin and death (Revelation 20-22)
Today, the Law does not exist. Believers are saved by grace without works.
Today the only thing that matters is Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection.
There is no law to fulfill.
Faith alone…not works. Grace alone…not works.
Righteous by faith in Jesus’ finished work.
Salvation continues today after the Law was removed in AD70.
It is because salvation is not tied to the law. Righteousness was given before the law came, and it is given after the law ended.
Just as the nations were in sin before the law came, the nations today are still dead in sin, even after the law is gone.
Death did not come by the law but by sin.
Sin increased by the law. But the removal of the law did not remove sin or death. Therefore salvation is still needed today even after AD70.
Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ is made Righteous by grace through faith without works!
Jesus will return to reveal the new heaven and earth to bring righteousness and immortality to all who believe.