COLOSSIANS 2 “9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.“
- The fullness of God is present in Jesus.
- And when you believed in Jesus, you became FULL and COMPLETE with salvation.
How did this happen?
Through FAITH in the Death and Resurrection of JESUS when the LAW was CANCELED on the CROSS.
COLOSSIANS 2 “13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. “
- The reason the believer is COMPLETE and RIGHTEOUS in CHRIST is that Jesus removed the law on the Cross.
- You already have every spiritual blessing in Christ (EPH 1:3-7).
- You are FORGIVEN ALL sin because the law was nailed to the cross.
- You are ALIVE in Christ, fully Righteous by FAITH.
How do we live the Christian Life? The same way – BY FAITH
COLOSSIANS 2 “6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the FAITH as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
DO NOT BE DECEIVED into thinking that you need the Ten Commandments or anything else to be perfect.
COLOSSIANS 2 “16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you.”
THE LAW WAS THE SHADOW but the REALITY is CHRIST’s death and resurrection.
The law was fulfilled in JESUS and it was then removed on the Cross.
If you believe in Jesus without trusting in the law, then you are FORGIVEN ALL sins and made COMPLETE in Christ, not lacking anything.