The believer in Christ has already received every spiritual blessing.
Ephesians 1 “3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and without defect before him in love, 5 having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, by which he freely gave us favor in the Beloved, 7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace”
When we believed in Jesus Christ, we received EVERY spiritual blessing imaginable:
- Forgiven ALL sins – past, present and future
- Made God’s beloved children
- We are Holy and Blameless
- Given Favor by God
- Redeemed from all curses and wrath.
Ephesians 2 “4 But God, being rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus; 8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, that no one would boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.”
We were dead in sin when we were unbelievers.But God loved us so much!
- Jesus died with us on the cross
- God raised us from the dead and made us alive
- He seated us with Christ as SONS of GOD.
- All of this was done by GRACE that we received by FAITH and not by our works at all.
- After we are saved, we do good works that God has prepared for us before the world was formed. Christ does it within us.
How wonderful that it is completely Christ’s finished work!