The entire work of salvation in the believer, is done by God through Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2 “4 But God, being rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him, and made us to sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus; 8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, that no one would boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.”
- We were dead in sin having no power to save ourselves.
- This is why God showered His mercy on us by sending Jesus Christ to die with us and then He raised Christ with us – we did nothing.
- God raised us and seated us with Christ in heavenly places – we did nothing.
- We are saved by grace through faith without works – God did everything.
- Even the good works we do as believers are ordained for us to do.
In fact it is God who does the works through us until the final day!
Philippians 1 “6 being confident of this very thing, that HE who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
- God is the One who began the work of salvation in us – we did nothing.
- He is the One who will complete it – we did nothing.
Philippians 2 “13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.”
- In the Christian life, it is God who does the work in us!
What a glorious and complete salvation by God through Jesus Christ.
We did nothing before we were saved.
Even the good works we do after salvation are done by God in us.
This is why salvation is guaranteed for the believer.
Jude 1 “24 Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy, 25 to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.”
1 Thessalonians 5 “23 May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it.”