The believer has every spiritual blessing in Christ:
Ephesians 1 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We have GRACE and PEACE from God our Father our Lord JESUS Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and without defect before him in love,5 having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire, 6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, by which he freely gave us favor in the Beloved, 7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,”
- We are blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing in heaven in Jesus Christ.
- We did nothing to deserve it. It was given to us FREELY by GRACE.
- We are holy and blameless in Christ, in His love for us.
- We are children of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- He favored us in the Beloved Son – Jesus Christ. We are His beloved sons in Christ.
- We possess every spiritual blessing
- REDEEMED by His blood – His death on the cross alone purchased us back to God to whom we belong as children! We were children of darkness but now we have been redeemed by the blood of Christ alone!
- We HAVE the forgiveness of sins as a FREE GIFT – lavished upon His by the riches of GRACE – not our efforts!
8 which he made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in him 10 to an administration of the fullness of the times, to sum up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in him. 11 We were also assigned an inheritance in him, having been foreordained according to the purpose of him who does all things after the counsel of his will, 12 to the end that we should be to the praise of his glory, we who had before hoped in Christ. 13 In him you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation—in whom, having also believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a pledge of our inheritance, to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of his glory.
- God did this according to HIS WILL, His GOOD PLEASURE and HIS PURPOSE in CHRIST.
- He gave us the INHERITANCE in CHRIST. This inheritance is our salvation – the immortality in heaven to live forever with God and Lord Jesus.
- The wages of sin is death – and therefore Jesus died for our sins.
- The gift of God is resurrection through Jesus Christ – who gives us eternal life in heaven as the FREE GIFT of salvation by GRACE through faith in JESUS.
- When we heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit, who is the down payment/pledge of the inheritance.
- Being sealed/marked with the Holy Spirit is the unbreakable bond of God’s promise of eternal life. What God has sealed, no man can break!
- God gives us the Holy Spirit to guide us in the journey of life as believers until we receive the inheritance of heaven when we die or if Jesus returns before that.
Without Jesus we are nothing
But in Christ, we have every spiritual blessing – the forgiveness of sins, the righteousness of God and the promise of immortality in heaven – all by grace through faith, not by works – Amen