Daniel’s 70 weeks was fulfilled from the time of the 2nd Temple of Jerusalem until Jesus Christ’s death, resurrection in the 1st Century.
But what is the main significance of the prophecy?
The believer in Christ has everlasting righteousness!
Daniel 9 “24 “Seventy weeks are decreed on your people and on your holy city, to finish disobedience, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.”
When Jesus Christ our LORD came, what happened?
- God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit declaring Him as the SON of GOD.
- Jesus Christ never sinned but put an end to our sins on the cross.
- Jesus Christ brought everlasting righteousness by His resurrection.
- By His obedience He offers us righteousness, He put an end to disobedience of sinners.
- God reconciled the world to Himself by Christ’s death on the cross, not imputing our sins on us but putting our sins on the cross! We are called to reconcile to God by faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Law and prophets were fulfilled with Christ’s death and resurrection
Everyone who believes in Christ receives the forgiveness of sins (atonement/end of sins) and the everlasting righteousness of God as a FREE GIFT by Christ’s obedience alone.