What is the ABC of Christianity?
Hebrews 6 “Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And God permitting, we will do so.”
These are the ABC teachings of Jesus Christ:
– Repentance from sin
– Faith in Jesus Christ
– Baptism in water
– Receiving the Holy Spirit
– The Bodily Resurrection of the Dead
– Eternal Judgment
Preterism, IO and universal salvation teachings go against the ABC of Jesus Christ’s teachings:
– Some of them say there is no sin because the law supposedly ended in 70AD, and therefore they believe that there’s no need for repentance from sins. The truth is that Jesus died for our sins and we are called to repent from sin.
– Some of them say that all humanity is saved, so then they teach that there’s no need for faith in Christ. The truth is that we need to be saved by individual faith in Jesus Christ.
– Some of them teach that there is no need to get baptized or take the Lord’s Supper. But the truth is that both are commanded by the Lord and applicable today.
– Some of them teach that everyone already has the Holy Spirit OR that the Holy Spirit is not given to anybody today! The truth is that we must receive the Holy Spirit by faith in Christ to be saved.
– Some of them say that there is no bodily resurrection of the Church and therefore no judgment in the future! The truth is that there will be a bodily resurrection of all humanity in the future. Only those who believe in Jesus will be saved.
– Some of them say that all people are already saved and that there is no “eternal judgment”. The truth is that the judgment is eternal – we receive eternal life/immortality by faith in Jesus Christ. Those who reject Christ will perish in the lake of fire (which is the 2nd death – the eternal death of the soul).
My friends, please reject Preterism, IO, Universal-salvation, inclusionism, etc. These teachings are not even the ABC of Jesus Christ’s teachings.
What is the Gospel?
1 Corinthians 15 “Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures“
Acts 10 “39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
Everyone who believes in Jesus receives the forgiveness of sins!
Romans 4 “God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.”
If we believe in Jesus then we receive these benefits:
– Jesus died on the Cross to FORGIVE our sins
– Jesus rose from the dead to make us RIGHTEOUS
– Jesus will come again to RAISE the DEAD and give us IMMORTALITY in the new heaven and earth
1 Corinthians 15 “51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
Hebrews 9 “27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.“
We take the Lord’s Supper / Holy Communion proclaiming the death of Jesus Christ for our sins until He returns in the END of the world to make a new heaven and earth:
1 Corinthians 11 “23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.”
2nd Peter 3 “11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.”