All men are born in the flesh under condemnation because of sins irrespective of the Jew or Gentile. Nobody is righteous by their own works.
Romans 3 ” For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;”
“19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.”
Paul explained that the entire world was guilty under the law – both Jew under the written law and the Gentile under the law of their consciences. We are all trapped in this physical body of death under condemnation with no escape until Jesus Christ came!
Romans 7 “9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death……21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!“
The only way to be saved is by GRACE through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from our works. We cannot be saved by our own works but by belief in Christ alone.
Romans 3 “21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
Jesus Christ never sinned under the law but He died for our sins on the cross. The fullness and righteousness of God are manifest in Jesus Christ. And we who believe in Jesus have been brought to FULLNESS. We have been made righteous by faith in Christ.
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. …..13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.”
- We were dead in sins under the flesh.
- Jesus died for our sins on the cross and God made us alive with Christ when He rose from the dead!
- He forgave ALL our sins on the cross.
- On the cross, God canceled the Law that was accusing us.
- There is no more Law against those who believe in Jesus.
- Satan cannot accuse us anymore and he has been disarmed. Satan used the law to accuse all of humanity but he has been disarmed because of the blood of Jesus.
- So the accusations are lies because Satan is a liar and cannot hurt us if we believe in Jesus Christ – because Jesus took away our sins on the cross! We are righteous by His blood and resurrection!
Revelation 12 “the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”
- Satan is the deceiver lying to people that they can save themselves by their works. He uses the law to accuse people of sin.
- But the believer can overcome the lie by the TRUTH of Christ’s blood and our testimony that Jesus is LORD and we are righteous by faith and not works!
Therefore now that Jesus Christ’s death on the cross removed the law that stood against the believer, there is NOW no condemnation or accusation against the Christian!
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.”
- There is No condemnation or judgment against the believer.
- The law was powerless to save us because of the weakness of our flesh and that is why GOD SAVED US by condemning our sin in the flesh of JESUS CHRIST on the cross where ALL our sins were forgiven!
- We can now fulfill the law by believing in Jesus Christ and being enabled to love one another through the Holy Spirit living in us! We are not saved by loving others but we are saved so that we can now love others!
Romans 3 “28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law”
Now let’s see more of this glorious salvation!
Romans 8 ”
9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”
- When we believe in Jesus Christ, we receive the Holy Spirit who testifies in our hearts that we are Daddy God’s beloved children!
- The Holy Spirit will resurrect our bodies on the last day and take us to heaven.
- Those who live in sin and rebellion do not have the Holy Spirit and will perish.
Romans 8 ” 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.……For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- God works out everything in the lives of the believer for our own good.
- He knew us before the world was formed that we would believe in Jesus and be justified (made righteous). Now that we are justified, one day He will also glorify us in the resurrection to receive immortality like Jesus Christ Himself!
- This is why He is conforming us to the image of Jesus Christ who died with us on the cross in our flesh and we were made righteous with Him when He was raised from the dead. When He comes again, we will be resurrected and receive a glorious immortal body just like He is in heaven!
- So who can accuse us? No devil or demon or man can condemn us! It is because God Himself has made us Righteous in Christ! We are seated in Christ in heaven and He is interceding or mediating for us! This means that God sees us perfect and righteous in Christ and will never judge us! If God does not judge us then what can any human or any devil do to us?
- Therefore nothing on earth or all of creation can ever separate us from the LOVE of GOD in JESUS CHRIST and His salvation!
Jesus Christ will come again to give us the FULL VICTORY over death!
1st Corinthians 15
20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
- Just as Adam’s sin brought physical death, the finished work of Jesus Christ brings the bodily resurrection of the dead.
- Jesus rose from the dead, and therefore all who believe in Him will also be raised from the dead when He comes in a twinkling of an eye at the LAST TRUMPET.
- The dead in Christ will rise into glory and so will those who remain alive till the last day – receiving immortal bodies free of sin, the law and the flesh!
Therefore do not give up your faith in Christ. Nobody can accuse or condemn you in Jesus Christ. He is FAITHFUL. In Jesus Christ we have the victory!
There is no condemnation for those who are in Jesus Christ.